Youth IGF Indonesia as the Committee of Indonesia in Organizing the Official Safer Internet Day 2020
Jakarta, ID (February 20, 2020) – February 11th 2020 is marked as Safer Internet Day (SID) 2020, a global event celebrated in 150 countries that raises awareness about online safety and encourages everyone to help create a better internet. SID is coordinated by the joint Insafe/INHOPE network with the support of the European Commission, also managed and promoted by the eSafety Commissioner in Australia. In Indonesia, the committee for the official SID 2020 is Youth IGF Indonesia as the organization that operates as a multi-stakeholder platform allowing Indonesian youths to discuss in issues related to internet governance.
The SID 2020 is organized with the beliefs of Youth IGF Indonesia that young people deserve to have their rights protected, be it offline within real life or online through the internet. Bringing “Together for a Better Internet” as the slogan of 2020’s SID, Youth IGF Indonesia helped by holding several meetings and activities in coordination with schools or communities of children and young people to raise the awareness of minors and their parents on safer and better ways in using the internet. One thing Youth IGF Indonesia itself has done as a contribution to create internet is by establishing Bully.id, a mobile application as a platform for the victims of cyberbullying to seek help and support from professional psychologist and law practitioner.
With the will to ensure access to a safe and stimulating online environment and mitigating its negative side-effects, SID 2020 bring nations together by convincing them that that they have the power to inspire positive changes online. Hopefully, with Youth IGF Indonesia presented as the committee for the official SID 2020, other communities of young people in this country will grow more interest and participation in this issue. All information regarding Youth IGF Indonesia’s involvement in SID 2020 can be accessed through the link https://www.saferinternetday.org/web/indonesia/sid
- Youth IGF Indonesia as the Committee of Indonesia in Organizing the Official Safer Internet Day 2020
- Bully.id as The Answer to Mental Health Issues Tackled in the WHO Global Meeting 2019
- Bully.id as a Representation of Innovation Created by Indonesian Youth in the UN IGF Annual Meeting 2019
- The Importance of IP in the Digital World Brought Inclusively by the EUIPO (European Union Intellectual Property Office) through Working Group Meetings
- The Council of Europe Promotes the Acts of Cooperation Against Cybercrime at The Annual Octopus Conference