The Youth IGF Indonesia Internship Programme is an unpaid internship programme that aims to provide undergraduate and graduate students a practical experience working in an UN-recognised organisation.
The Youth IGF Indonesia can benefit from having qualified students to support its current operational needs. For the interns, they will learn about the work of The Youth IGF Indonesia supporting Indonesian youth community building process and gain a better understanding on the nature and dynamics of Internet Governance. The Programme is also a valuable outreach tool to promote Internet Governance among Indonesian youth.
The application will be considered according to the priorities of
The Youth IGF Indonesia :
1) Relevance of the applicant’s academic qualifications
2) Relevant skills and ability to contribute
3) Motivation and willingness to work hard
As a minimum requirement, applicants must:
1) Enrolled in a full-time undergraduate or post-graduate degree programme who has finished his/her first year of study or have already graduated but still within one-year of his/her graduation.
2) Be fluent in the English Language
3) Be computer literate.
Assignment and Duration
- Assignment may vary in length and tasks, depending on availability, skills and academic requirements, as well as the needs of the Youth IGF Indonesia.
- Internships are full time only (8 hours/day and 5 days/week). The internship duration will last from a minimum of eight (8) weeks to a maximum of six (6) months.
- The Internship Contract shall be issued to stipulate the length of period, its terms of reference and the supervisor’s name.
- The student intern will not be paid by the Youth IGF Indonesia.
- All expenses connected with the internship, such as travel to the Youth IGF Indonesia’s events, accommodation and living allowances in Jakarta, are the responsibility of the student intern or the sponsoring institution.
- There is no expectancy of employment at the end of the internship.
- The student intern undertakes to conduct himself/herself at all times in a manner compatible with his/her responsibilities.
- The student intern must keep confidential any and all unpublished information made known during the course of the internship and not publish any reports or paper on the basis of information obtained except with the authorisation of the Youth IGF Indonesia.
- The interns’ work will be presented at the UN-IGF Meeting in Berlin, November 2019.
- Certificate will be provided to each participant upon completion of the programme.