COVID-19 & Child Online Abuse
With COVID-19, sexual predators are out of work or maybe working from home. Now they have even more time to devote to looking for kids on the internet. Although children can use devices safely, but only if parents are committed to monitoring their childrens’ online activity.
If you come across any child sexual abuse images and video, below is the list of online reporting platform that you may contact:
- Internet Watch Foundation | https://report.iwf.org.uk/en
- The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) | https://report.cybertip.org/
- INHOPE | https://www.inhope.org/
- WePROTECT Global Alliance | https://www.weprotect.org/
Resources for children, parents and professionals to stay safe online:
- UK Safer Internet Centre (even if you’re not from the UK) | https://www.saferinternet.org.uk/
- Childnet | https://www.childnet.com/resources
- Save the Children | www.savethechildren.org
- Mental health support and legal knowledge on cyberbullying/online harassment | http://covidcare.bully.id/
Information above gathered from our April’s Awareness session with John Zoltner from Save the Children (USA).